By Mary Wilson
This is my favorite time of year. The leaves start changing color, and the air feels a little brisker. There are many reasons why I love this time of year, and I have compiled my top ten reasons for loving fall:
10. When I order hot apple cider, I don’t get strange looks from the barista. Is it so awful to enjoy it all year round?
9. It is actually considered fun to get lost in a corn maze. I can get lost in my own neighborhood, so this is a great way for others to relate to me.
8. Fresh, cool breezes through open windows in the house. Though I love the fresh air, it’s really that my husband is too cheap to turn on the furnace.
7. Extra blankets on the bed. See number 8.
6. Going to haunted houses. Or just walking around my own house in the middle of the night.
5. Football games. Not actual football games, but everything associated with them: friends, chili, and commercials.
4. Hayrides. Riding up the hill, I’ll never forget when the cart a bunch of kids and I sat in began to roll backwards. It would have been fun to report that the cart picked up speed and we all loomed to our deaths, but it turned out to be a mostly adventureless moment.
3. Fall decorations. I love the colors, and I have my decorations up when school starts.
2. Sweaters, jackets, and pants. After spending an entire summer walking around seeing people show too much skin, it’s nice that everyone is covered up.
1. An extra hour of sleep! Daylight saving time ends on Sunday, November 4. This is without a doubt my favorite day of the year.